Third H3Africa Consortium Meeting
The third H3Africa Consortium Meeting will be held on October 3-6, 2013 in Johannesburg, South Africa. The aims of the H3Africa Consortium meeting are to provide an opportunity for H3A investigators to update on the achievements on their projects, and for the working groups to have a face to face meeting and develop policies, materials and recommendations to standardize activities across the consortium. The meeting will also provide networking opportunities for awardees, the working groups, and funders, and to enable discussions on how to build research capacity across the Initiative and access new opportunities.
The outline of the meeting is as follows:
- 3rd October H3Africa working group meetings (Radisson Blu hotel)
- 4th October H3Africa Consortium meeting (Radisson Blu hotel)
- 5th October H3Africa Project presentations *Open session (Radisson Blu hotel)
- 6th October African Genome variation session *Open session, ½ day (Maslow Hotel)
The meeting precedes the 15th Biennial Congress of the Southern African Society for Human Genetics (SASHG), which runs from the 6th to 9th October 2013 at the Maslow Hotel, see: http://sashg.org/ for details.
The first 2 days of the H3Africa Consortium meeting are closed for Consortium members, but the last 2 are open to others who want to attend. Please register to attend (see registration information below).
The main H3Africa Consortium Meeting from the 3-5th October will take place at the Radisson Blu hotel in Sandton, next to the Gautrain station: http://www.radissonblu.com/hotelsandton-johannesburg.
The Genome Variation session on the 6th October will take place at the Maslow hotel, which is 7-10 minute’s walk away.
Each project has a limit on the number of participants, additional people over and above these limits will be required to pay a registration fee of $250. Please check with your project PI which category you fall in.
Participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements and hotel bookings
For non-H3Africa consortium members, please register for the open sessions at:
- Accommodation information
- SASHG Congress (http://www.sashg.co.za/)
- Getting to the Maslow Hotel
- Gautrain info
- Route profile and timetable for traveling between O.R. Tambo International airport and Sandton.