- INTENSIVE TRAINING COURSES GENOMICS OF INFECTIOUS DISEASE SUMMER 2018
- ACEGID Foundational Training Workshop in Molecular Biology and Genomics
- 1st WASLITBRe Postgraduate Bioinformatics Workshop
- Foundations for Genomics: From standard molecular technology to ‘omics’ application in 3 days (CPGR)
- NIH Regional Training for Grant Administrators: The next seminars will be held in Chicago between the 26-28 October, 2016. Click here for information on registration.
- H3AfricaMicrobiome Analysis Workshop 26-29 April 2016
- Workshops, Courses, Conferences, 2015
- ICGEB Meetings and Courses 2015
- Genomic Epidemiology in Africa
- Advanced Course: Working with Pathogen Genomes November 23-28, 2014,Blantyre, Malawi
Deadline: September 5, 2014
- Advanced Course: Working with Pathogen Genomes November 23-28, 2014, Blantyre, Malawi,
Deadline: September 5, 2014
- Short Course on Systems Genetics October 5-11, 2014, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
- Computational Analysis of Protein-Protein Interactions: From Sequences to Networks September 28-October 3, 2014, Cape Town, South Africa
- Molecular Approaches to Clinical Microbiology in Africa September 27-October 2, 2014, Cape Town, South Africa
- Southern African Human Genome Programme Workshops July 21-25, 2014 and July 28-31, 2014, Cape Town, South Africa
- 55th Annual Short Course on Medical and Experimental Mammalian Genetics July 20-August 1, 2014, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
- Bioinformatics and Genomes Analyses May 5-17, 2014, Athens, Greece
- Computational Biology: Genomes to Systems April 3-9, 2014, Puerto Varas, Chile
- Genomic Epidemiology in Africa September 15-20, 2013, Entebbe, Uganda
- Molecular Approaches to Clinical Microbiology in Africa May 25-June 1, 2013
- Molecular Approaches to Clinical Microbiology in Africa September 10-16, 2011 Blantyre, Malawi
- Genetic Epidemiology in Africa May 6-11, 2012, Blantyre, Malawi
The resources and opportunities provided in this platform should not be construed as endorsement by the consortium. The funders do not independently verify information added to the website, we rely on submiters to provide information that is accurate and not misleading.
NIH Training and Education
The mission of NIH Training and Education is to meet the career development needs of trainees across all
Wellcome Trust Education Resources:
Is committed to making inspiring, high-quality science education available to all young people, helping them to achieve their career aspirations in science and related
The eGenomics catalogue was initiated by H3ABioNet and is maintained by volunteers from across the globe, in particular H3Africa Fellows. This catalogue maintains free online Genomics educational material and community based reviews/evaluations.
More Training Resources
The Global Health Network
Offers, among other things, free certificated online training courses on issues related to research trials, translated into 20 languages, and a professional membership scheme for laboratory staff.
Center for Disease Control (CDC)’s
Office of Public Health Genomics (OPHG) conducts and supports workshops, courses, and other training activities in public health genomics, family history, and human genome epidemiology.
The Global Library of Women’s Medicine
Is a free online comprehensive textbook of women’s medicine with 446 specially commissioned chapters covering most key areas of women’s medicine, peer-reviewed, regularly updated and written by
The Jackson Laboratory
Sponsors a wide variety of stimulating courses and conferences on its campus in Bar Harbor and at other locations with co-sponsors. Explore the cutting edge of research in genomics, genetic diseases and biomedicine.
The Sub-Saharan African Medical Schools Study
Is portal for information on medical education in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Training opportunities for Grants Administrators
Financial management for international collaborative initiatives is a complex process for which a number of organisations offer specialised training.
Sickle Cell Disease Ontology Project
The Sickle Cell Disease Ontology (SCDO) project is a collaboration between H3ABioNet (Pan African Bioinformatics Network)and SPAN (Sickle Cell Disease Pan African Network). The SCDO is currently underdevelopment and its purpose is to:
Introduction to Bioinformatics course (IBT) provides an introduction to the field of bioinformatics, with a focus on important bioinformatic tools and resources.
Our webinar series is a freely accessible collection of live seminars focused on EMBL-EBI resources. They provide both brief introductions to a range of databases and more in-depth coverage of new features
How do we sequence and compare genomes? How do we identify the genetic basis for disease? How do we construct an evolutionary Tree of Life for all species on Earth?
ERuDIte is the educational resource discovery index that powers the BD2K Training Coordinating Center (TCC) Web Portal. ERuDIte not only serves as a resource collector and aggregator but also as system powered by Machine Learning, Information Retrieval
TeachEnG (pronounced “teaching”), a Teaching Engine for Genomics, provides educational games to help students and researchers understand key bioinformatics concepts
Technique : A sequencing method for mapping the locations of chosen DNA-binding proteins, such as transcription factors (TFs) and histones with epigenetic modifications.
Global Alliance for Genomics and Health
an international, nonprofit alliance formed in 2013 to accelerate the potential of research and medicine to advance human health.
Ensembl is a genome browser for vertebrate genomes that supports research in comparative genomics, evolution, sequence variation and transcriptional regulation. Ensembl annotate genes, computes multiple alignments, predicts regulatory
Research Professional Africa
Research Professional Africa is a platform that allows access to the latest global coverage of Research Funding Programmes as well as Science and Technology news and Innovation policies