H3Africa aims to foster a collaborative atmosphere between African scientists. In fostering this collaborative atmosphere, H3Africa has created this resource area where the Africa scientific community can obtain information about other African scientists that are currently undertaking population-based research in several areas of the continent.
These resources will be updated periodically to engender collaborative research in areas of mutual interests for all scientists. Other resources and suggestions for a web-based resource are strongly encouraged.
Current Research Projects in Africa
World RePORT is a database of the biomedical research projects in Africa that are funded by the European Commission, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale, U.K. Medical Research Council, National Institutes of Health, Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency, and the Wellcome Trust.
- AIDS International Training and Research Program (AITRP)
- AIDS Malignancy Consortium (AMC)
- Center for AIDS Research (CFAR)
- Center for HIV and AIDS Vaccine Immunology (CHAVI)
- Center for Research on Genomics and Global Health
- CTU – Clinical Trials Networks
- HIV Vaccine Trials Network (HVTN)
- HIV Prevention Trials Network
- International Epidemiological Database to Evaluate AIDS Networks (IeDEA)
- International Implementation, Clinical, Operational, and Health Services Research Training Award for AIDS and Tuberculosis
- International Network for the Demographic Evaluation of Populations and Their Health in Developing Countries
- UnitedHealth and NHLBI Collaborating Centers of Excellence