H3Africa Chip FAQ
December 12, 2019
Whither Covid-19? An interview with SA’s chief virus hunter
March 16, 2020

Cancellation: 15th H3Africa Consortium Meeting Nairobi, Kenya 8-16 March 2020

Dear 15th H3Africa Consortium Meeting Delegates,

We regret to announce that in light of the uncertain nature of the COVID-19 outbreak and security risks, the 15th H3Africa Consortium Meeting has been cancelled. Our leadership has made this difficult decision based on reports shared by Consortium experts, Principal Investigators and meeting participants as well as various Government Agencies. While it is important to continue to share our science and foster collaborations, the leadership took this decision with consideration for the safety of our attendees, our families and communities.

We will reconvene the Agenda WG this Thursday to determine which parts of the 15th Meeting Agenda we may adapt to a webinar format, we will keep you updated and assess attendance.

Accommodation Bookings

You may be liable for cancelation fees.


Please check with your booking agents if cancelling flights is a better option than a date/route change, in the current situation certain airlines are refunding (up to 80%) as they are aware of widespread cancellations. You may consider holding your ticket for the 6 – 12 September 2020 H3Africa meeting in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania where we are scheduled to go back to back with the AfSHG.