Purpose: H3Africa Sustainability WG Meeting
Series: last Thursday of each month
Time: 9 a.m. EDT (is 1 p.m. GMT), 2 p.m. WAT/BST, 3 p.m. CAT, and 4 p.m. EAT.
Join the call: www.uberconference.com/h3africaboardroom2
Optional dial-in number: 303-300-4962 or 001 303-300-4962 (local tariffs may be incurred)
PARTICIPANT PIN: 70746
International Access Numbers: https://www.uberconference.com/international(reduced fees)
Instructions & Support Links
* Please join 5-10 minutes before the start time to sort out any connection issues
* Equipment: A headset with a built-in microphone is recommended as it reduces audio echo and feedback or PC speakers, headset, and/or microphone.
* Internet Browser: Please use updated versions of Chrome/Firefox/Edge, if necessary copy the meeting URL (www.uberconference.com/h3africaboardroom2) into the open browser.
* When connecting via your computer choose the “computer” option (top left corner of the screen), test audio to avoid view only mode
* Attachment: Support Browsers
Please take the time to watch the brief instruction video and scroll down for the instructions on how to join via your PC & browser https://help.uberconference.com/hc/en-us/articles/213102623
Mic Issues https://help.uberconference.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001017043-Mic-Issues-on-Chrome
Step by Step Troubleshooting
We will be using UberConference as our communications platform and it will be essential for you to prepare your computer or connecting devices for the platform in advance so that you may join the meeting seamlessly.
Please see a few should assist with mic/audio issues.
The first thing we recommend to do is confirm your browser is up to date (Chrome ver 64.0), sign out of your account, clear your history/cache/cookies, and close your browser completely. Then, sign back in.
Next, please go to your Chrome Settings $B"*(B Show Advanced Settings > (B Privacy > (B Content Settings > (B Microphone > (B Manage Exceptions, and see if https://www.uberconference.com:443 is added as an exception. Click the delete/trash icon to remove this entry and make sure > (B Ask when a site..>I(B is checked.
After you have removed the exception, try a test call with UberConference to which the system will force you to give UberConference permission to your audio. Take a look at the help article below for more details:
Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies and email disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/main/email-disclaimer or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.